Holme Rovers under 9's blacks

Richard Brook | 08/09/2018

I was asked to stand in and help run the under 9's blacks today with their first league fixture of the season and what a great game it turned out to be. Things did not start too well with only 6 players been present at the start of the game and the team soon found themselves a few goals down but to their credit they kept their heads up and started to play as a team as in getting goal side and putting in some great defensive work. When the team managed to have seven players on the pitch they matched Goole in all areas and matched them goal for goal. It was great to see how the team worked well together with great passing which culminated in some fine goals been scored. I do not like to mention individuals normally but a big congratulations to Lucia in completing her first full game [60 minutes!!!] and to Tom who got my man of the match in having to work up front on his own while having only 6 players and was richly rewarded in getting a great goal near the end of the game but his goal celebrations need some working on! Again a big thanks to all players giving 100% over 60 minutes and enjoying every minute of it.

New comment