Monk Fryston under 7's v Holme Rovers under 7's

Richard Brook | 22/10/2018

Saturday saw brilliant conditions to play good football with no wind and a good flat pitch to play on and both teams put on a great performance. Our team in training had put a lot of time and effort in about positional play and as a result the team were solid throughout the game going forward and also defending. Some players were tried in different positions no more so than Luke who played in goal [ kept a clean sheet] and also in attack. Defensively with Nathan, Henry, Thomas and Milo we were as solid as a rock giving great protection to our goalkeeper and even having the confidence to join in attack with Henry having a shot from 20 yards out and hitting the post. The attackers Jake, Harrison, Clayton, Theo and Jamie showed some really nice touches and dribbling but all need to have confidence to shoot more but when we did not have the ball they all worked really hard for the team and came back to help the defence with some strong tackles. Lastly I would like to thank my backroom staff Chris, Gaz and Pete [our side line looked like something from an American NFL game] for assisting me in Adams absence. When I asked them to give me their man of the match they said give it to all of the team which says it all. Well done to all connected with Saturdays game. This weekend we are at home Goole Town Tigers.

New comment